Monday, April 12, 2010

More to come

     This weekend I went home to spend some time with my family. Alex had a concert so I made the boring two hour drive both ways by myself. I did blast music and probably tear up my vocal chords in ways my voice teacher would not approve of, but there is just something about singing incorrectly to musical theater style toons that pull at my heart strings. I had a packed weekend of shopping and jewelry making. When I got home my mother and I went all over hobby lobby and walmart looking for stuff to decorate advocate tables to take to the state capital, and we just happen to end up in the jewelry isle as always. When I was really little we use to make bracelets on looms with tiny beads, but I haven't done much since then. My mother is the creative one. Both my parents are creative, my dad is an architect and my mom used to own her own stain glass shop. Although my dad can design things he lives through mathematics and structure, while my mom is the think out of the box creater which I have grown to love! This weekend I actually really got into it. She forced me to do my first necklace and I changed my mind a hundred times, but when I finished, I loved it. Since then I have made a bookmark for the future MIL for her bible, her a pair of earrings (can't rack up enough brownie points when it comes to MIL's), several rings made out of music, some necklaces, and a lovely necklace if I do say so myself for my elephant (best friend). After a great weekend I ran home and frantically tried to complete my homework. I stayed up late, and still have some stuff to do, but it was so worth it! I will take pictures of everything and post it up here soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment