Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Thou art Elijah!

Sorry I have been so busy with the end of school, I haven't had a chance to blog. Last week was a HUGE week. I had 3 hour night rehearsals for a concert, a Spanish test, a research paper due, a huge portfolio due online, I taught at a middle school for the first time, and piano quizzes, all while keeping regular classes up and practicing for up coming juries. 
     About two weeks ago I got a bite on my arm and thought it was a spider bite. When I started getting really tired and achy I didn't know if it was a Fibro flare because I was so busy or the bite, so I went to the doctor on Wednesday and she put me on a Z-pack in case it was a tick bite to prevent Lyme's disease. (I admit, that freaked me out, my mom had a tick bite and got Lyme's disease which triggered her Lupus). Anyways by Sunday after our huge Elijah concert I started getting really sick while in the middle of my Z-Pack (for those of you who don't know, a Z-Pack is a really big dose of anti-biotic, it's suppose to kill almost any bacteria). Me, being me, and my immune system being the wonderful mechanism it is, managed to get sick with a bacterial infection while on a Z-Pack. So when I went to my doctor today for what was suppose to be a simple fibro follow up, she was really surprised and honestly didn't know how I could hear with all the fluid behind my ear drums. (I can't really). So now I'm taking the highest dose of penicillin I can handle and hope it clears up before finals and vocal juries.
     Tomorrow I have to give a presentation of my Music and Culture research paper. I wrote my paper over Estonia: The Singing Revolution. I went to Estonia on a mission trip after my senior year, summer of 2008. While we were there they showed us the documentary The Singing Revolution, and it hit home. Being so involved with music and knowing the power it has, I never could have imagined standing up to iconic leaders such as Hitler and Stalin and fight for your freedom through song! I love the message, and the bravery of the Estonian people. It is such an amazing story and I love telling anyone who will listen. It was very difficult to condense my paper to five minutes, that's including my song sample to play. We'll see how to presentation actually goes tomorrow.
     So, I have some pretty exciting news, but I'm not exactly sure I can put it on here yet. I'll know soon enough, and if all works out, I'll tell you in a few weeks. But, it's awesome, so get pumped!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Callie, I just found your blog and it is so inspiring. I have been suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia for 7 years now and I can identify with the challenges you discuss. I am in my senior year of college but I had to take the semester off because of new challenges. Happily, I am working with my doctor to get better so I can go back next semester. Its really nice to hear of someone else out there similar in age facing similar challenges. Also, your fiance sounds wonderful. I was just dumped by my boyfriend because he couldn't handle my illness so seeing a strong relationship like yours is really refreshing. I just started a blog too if you want to check it out: http://cfsadayinthelife.blogspot.com/. Anyways, just wanted to say thank you for sharing your story. I admire your strength and courage.

    ReplyDelete