Friday, April 2, 2010

My tap in the face

     So I posted two posts ago that I guess I was waiting for something to slap me in the face. This might not be a slap, but it is a tap! I've been following the nutritionists advice, tracking my food to see if I'm getting enough veggies, fruits, things like that. I also have simply written at the top of each day P(pain)-__ N(nausea)-__ F(fatigue)-__ M(memory/mind)-__ and I simply put a number from 1-10 everyday to track my main symptoms. I also keep side notes of special things. *foot hurts, feels like arthritic pain *hand went numb *I feel slightly normal, things like this. I think this has really helped me remember what the day was like, it will help my doctors track my symptoms, and I won't come up blank when they ask me at my 15 minute doctor appointment. I am very pleased with how this is working. Also, on my handy dandy Google calender I have added water aerobics on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday 5pm-6pm and I start it this coming Monday! We'll see how that goes. I'm trying to get people to join me, but most of the people I talk to are boys, and they aren't interested in water aerobic, I don't know why.

     These past few days have been really hot. Up in the 80's. Last night I harnessed my energy into shaving my legs! This might be a TMI but this is a legitimate thing to blog about. I can't really shave my legs in my shower because I don't have anywhere to prop up my leg to reach it, unless I want to use the handicap rail that is up at my waist. Some days I just can't stand in the shower that long. I do have a chair in my shower (I'm in an ADA room on campus) but it is metal, and with the cold, all tile room it's not fun to use. So last night with some shorts and fully dressed I sat on the bench and shaved my legs. All this was so I could wear a dress today. I've always loved shorts and dresses. I hated jeans until I was in 9th grade. I hated shoes and socks too, but that's another story my mom can tell. I have a spring dress I found on sale for $3 dollars at rue 21 two years ago. I love this dress. It's very spring fitting, white with green and blue flowers. I wake up this morning to put on my spring dress for the celebration of spring and Easter. I walk outside... and it's 50 degrees and will storm all day. Story of my life. Despite the rain hurting my joints and my back, and my legs freezing when I walk from class to class, I feel this dress has improved my mood. I feel a slight spring in my step, no really, I jumped over a puddle! I landed on my "bad knee" and it didn't hurt. Little things like this seem amazing now. I truly have learned to enjoy the small things in life. I hope that all my friends, family, and loved ones can see the joy in the small things without them being taken away from them. I know the quote is you don't know what you had till you lost it, but I think you can know what you have, you just have to be reminded. So here it is, SMACK, remember you are blessed, you have a million small things happen that are miracles everyday. Notice these, there are plenty of them to out weigh the bad in our lives if we focus on them!

    Rereading my post I know this dress has improved my mood. Even though I'm stressed about life right now, I will find the good. After all, most of what we go through we can't change so why dwell? I think I will treat myself to some shopping soon. I rarely go anymore. I will get me some new spring (teacher appropriate) clothes that help put that spring in my step everyday. Who knows maybe it will encourage me to wake up earlier than 15 minutes before my class and have time to put on make up again! I have been a zombie lately, and I can't wait to regain my life back. I'm not saying this will be easy, I definitely won't say that at 8:00 tomorrow morning when I'm actually trying to get out of bed, but the result is worth fighting for.

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! It reminds all of us that we need to focus on the small things in life we should focus on sometimes. I'm glad you got your schedule all together and clear. I hope this helps you in the long run. I'm glad you were happy today (I think it brought the sun out!) And you looked beautiful today! Well, you always do. I love you!
    -Alex

    ReplyDelete