Sunday, March 14, 2010

Blast from the past.

     I've have asthma since birth. My mom said I was a mouse on speed once they got my on my albuteral treatment. As I grew older the attacks didn't come so often and weren't so bad. I nearly forget what they feel like they are so far and few between. I guess it was more this morning. It's spring break so I was going to go to bed around 3 or 4 and just under my chest starting hurting. So, I rolled to my side, that made it worse, and then my stomach, couldn't breathe at all there. So I sat up and called Alex. After 2 puffs on the inhaler, 10 minutes with a towel over my head over the sink with steaming water, 4 ibuprofen, 1 breathe right strip, walking up and down the hall of my dorm, and 2 hours later it was still hard to breathe. Alex threatened the emergency room, mom told to keep her updated, but I was not wasting 200+ dollars just to get a dang breathing treatment. I eventually was so tired I fell asleep and today I have to wear loose clothing and take it slow.
     The trip back home was an adventure all in itself. Driving home somewhere around midway I took my eyes of the road and was playing with my phone. By the time we hit the toll (2-5 minutes later) I was nauseous. I spent the rest of the hour and a half nearly sick to my stomach and trying to force myself into sleep. Sleep= no pain or nausea. It's my medication of choice.
I'm sure Alex at this point thinks I'm going to fall apart. One thing after another. (I'm sorry I keep scaring you honey!)
Lessons for today?
1. childhood problems, at least when it comes to health, never really go away
2. my body hates me
3. I need to build my good karma
4. cold wet paper towels are you're friend
5. music does help reduce nausea
6. walking clears your sinuses
7. sleep is the best medicine
8. Alex is in it for the long hall, he'll truly mean for better or worse, in sickness and in health during our vows at our wedding and I WILL crack up at this statement.

2 comments:

  1. Lol I guess your body likes scaring me!
    I'm sorry all this stuff kinda just piles on at the same time. :(
    And of course I'm in it forever and always! I love you and will always be there for you, no matter what. I love you!
    (**You said "honey"! :) )
    -Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. "In sickness and in heal--- Oh wait, you can just skip this part, we've got it covered." Haha!

    ReplyDelete