Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Elephant Day

    Yesterday was elephant day! -- I guess I'll tell  you the story. My best friend has a shirt with an elephant and a mouse on it and they have a heart around them. It says "love is blind". Some point down the road it became us, because she is 5 foot nothing and I'm almost 5'8 in flats. Anyway, it was funnier if I was the mouse and she was the elephant. So she is my elephant. Oh, and we sing soprano together.-- We went to eat, looked around the mall, tried to go to a movie, and then ended up at walmart, yes that is all there is to do in my hometown. At walmart we ran into tree of our friends, and then three more came (again, that's all there is to do), at that point we got kicked out because of noise. We proceeded to a park and a couple more showed up. It was a big reunion. We played sardines (like hide and go seek) in the dark and spent almost an hour looking for the first person. Well needless to say, after walking all around the park three times I was done walking. My elephant was cold, so we said goodbye to everyone and went to Eggberts, the only thing open at 11:30 at night. All in all, it was a great day :)

The part that bothers me? Playing a game that two-three years ago was weekly for me, and having to stop after one round because I couldn't walk anymore. Instead of running around I was terrified I was going to trip and fall, hurting my knee, and not be able to get back up. At one point they looked through the woods and I physically could not follow. I told them it was just my knee, because they all know about my knee. I had surgery on it last spring break for "lateral discoid meniscus" (a birth defect). But it wasn't just my knee preventing me. My hips were screaming, my feet needed real tennis shoes, my back was hurting, and my left thigh was pounding from compensating my right knee. I don't even notice my limping after four years, until I hurt from limping for so long. Towards the end I just wanted someone to grab onto to help me walk. I never noticed how much I use Alex for that. (Thank you, Sweetheart, for letting me use you to walk.) I was so glad and lucky I got the time I did playing games with my friends. Getting to see them all was great, I missed some of them a great deal! I just wish my body and health wouldn't stop me so soon.

2 comments:

  1. I <3 you! I missed you soo much. I'm glad we ran into everyone, but I wish all the walking wouldn't have hurt you. I'm glad you're home, even if our town is boring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you! I'm sorry you don't get to do the things you used to. I try to make our life together fun, and I hope I do a pretty ok job at it. lol. I'm glad you had fun, but I wish you didn't have to pay for it in pain. I love you so much. Remember that!
    -Alex

    ReplyDelete